Mesh network setup guide
We’ve made it super easy to set up your new Wi-Fi mesh network for even better broadband coverage in your home.
Just follow the steps below to get your Orbi mesh satellite connected to your modem.
What’s in the box?
A - Orbi RBS350 satellite
B - Power Cable
Set up via the Orbi app
- Launch the Orbi app from a device that is connected to your WiFi network.
- Enter your WiFi user name and password that you’ve created the first time you logged in and tap SIGN IN.
- In the top-left corner, tap the Menu icon followed by "add satellite", then follow the prompts.
Manual set up
Don't have a device to download the app?
- Plug the Orbi RBS350 satellite unit into the closest power plug to your modem, and ensure both the satellite and modem are receiving power.
- Press the Sync button on the router, and then press the sync button on your satellite within 2 minutes.
The satellite should then pair to the modem within 3 minutes.
What do the lights mean?
When you press the Sync button, the LED on your Orbi satellite will show one of the following colors:
Solid amber Place your Orbi router and satellite closer to each other.
Solid magenta If the LED is solid magenta for 90-180 seconds, your router and satellite failed to sync.
Solid Blue If the LED is solid blue for 90-180 seconds, your satellite has paired successfully.
Positioning your mesh unit
Once the satellite is paired using the steps above, you can move it to an appropriate place in your house.
Ideally, this would be an area above the floor, away from obstructions or electronics.
Check out the manafacturer’s website for best placement.
Product Care & Safety
- Do not cover modem or restrict airflow to vents.
- Do not place the modem in direct sunlight or heat.
- Do not tamper or open the modem.
- Please keep it away from moisture and water.